2023 NAPA VALLEY WRITERS’ CONFERENCE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Please check this page for any updates; information is subject to change without notice.
We are delighted to be holding the 2023 Napa Valley Writers’ Conference in person again, and we are committed to creating an environment that helps protect our participants, faculty, staff, and visitors. The Napa Valley Writers’ Conference is a program of Napa Valley College and follows the College’s latest guidelines for COVID-19 precautions.
• Applicants for participation in the 2023 Conference must upload proof of vaccination against COVID-19 upon acceptance to the conference. Please bring proof of vaccination with you to check in, as well.
• For the third year, workshops will be held outdoors in the shade. Our workshops take place in the morning, when temperatures are still cool. Voice amplifiers for faculty are available, if needed.
• Afternoon craft talks will take place in our Performing Arts Center, a large auditorium that seats more than 500 people. With our group of 125, there will be ample space to be socially distant. These talks will also be live-streamed (for participants only) and viewable via devices outdoors on campus.
• Evening readings will take place either in an outdoor setting or in a ventilated winery space.
• Masks are not currently required indoors at Napa Valley College, or at most wineries, but this is subject to change. Please bring a mask and be prepared to wear it indoors or whenever social distancing is challenging. Face masks may be required regardless of vaccination status.
• We will have a limited number of home COVID-19 tests available, and we recommend anyone experiencing symptoms to test themselves; should you test positive during conference week, we will arrange to deliver commentary between you and your workshop remotely.
STAFF, FACULTY, COMMUNITY HOUSING HOSTS
The staff and faculty of the Napa Valley Writers’ Conference are vaccinated against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination is a prerequisite for our community housing hosts.
This is our third year hosting the conference after the initial outbreak of COVID-19, and while we are confident in our precautions, no public environment, and no vaccination status, is completely risk-free. By attending the conference, including community housing if applicable, participants accept the possibility of exposure to COVID-19.
If you have further questions, please visit the following Napa Valley College website pages:
Stay Healthy. Stay Informed.
Get Vaccinated (with links to resources)