2019 Admissions – Deadline: April 15, 2019
All applications for admission and financial assistance, including housing assistance, are due April 15, 2019.
Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by Monday, May 13, at the latest. Accepted applicants will have until May 31 to submit payment.
Applicants who miss the April 15 deadline may email the conference to inquire as to last-minute availability of workshop spots at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Enrollment in each poetry, fiction, and translation workshop is limited. Acceptance is based on:
- A brief statement of no longer than 500 words describing your background as a writer and your interest in the conference.
- Submission of a qualifying manuscript
- for fiction workshops submit 10-15 pages of fiction (2,500 to 3,750 words);
- for poetry workshops submit five poems;
- for translation workshops submit up to 1,500 words of translated prose (in English) or up to three poems; translation work may include original work by the applicant or work published by a known author in another language, translated into English by the applicant; applicants without existing translation samples may be considered on the basis of their 500-word statement of intent.
For more guidance on manuscript submission, view our FAQs.
You must pay a nonrefundable $25 reading fee when submitting your application, payable online using a credit card or by individual arrangement. Regardless of how you elect to send us your reading fee payment, you must submit your application online.
If you have been accepted to the conference twice in the past five years and are not applying for financial assistance, you do not need to submit a qualifying manuscript. You should complete the online form, but will not need to supply a reading fee.
If you are a past participant and are applying for financial assistance, you must submit a qualifying manuscript and pay the reading fee.
The total participation fee for the 2019 program is $1,025, and includes daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, wine tastings, and attendance at all conference events.
- $ 25 reading fee – Pay with your application.
- $1,025 participation fee – due on acceptance, non-refundable after June 5.
- If you are offered community housing as part of a financial assistance award, you will owe a $50 fee to cover processing and placement costs upon acceptance.