Update – December 2017: Information and deadlines specific to the 2018 conference have been posted. Also below are general guidelines for manuscript submission and the application process. The online application form will go live in January of 2018.
2018 Admissions – New Single Deadline: April 2, 2018
All applications for admission and financial assistance, including housing assistance, are due April 2, 2018. We’ve instituted this change to better reflect the timing of submissions in recent years.
Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by Friday, May 4, at the latest. Accepted applicants will have until May 20 to submit payment.
Applicants who miss the April 2 deadline may email the conference to inquire as to last-minute availability of workshop spots.
Enrollment in each poetry and fiction workshop is limited. Acceptance is based on:
- Submission of a qualifying manuscript (10-15 pages of fiction, or five poems). For more guidance on manuscript submission, view our FAQs.
- A brief statement of no longer than 500 words describing your background as a writer and your interest in the conference.
You must pay a nonrefundable $25 reading fee when submitting your application, payable online using a credit card or by individual arrangement. Regardless of how you elect to send us your reading fee payment, you must submit your application online.
If you have been accepted to the conference twice in the past five years and are not applying for financial assistance, you do not need to submit a qualifying manuscript. You should complete the online form, but will not need to supply a reading fee.
If you are a past participant and are applying for financial assistance, you must submit a qualifying manuscript and pay the reading fee.
The total participation fee for the 2018 program is $1,025, and includes daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, wine tastings, and attendance at all conference events.
- $ 25 reading fee – Pay with your application.
- $1,025 participation fee – due on acceptance, non-refundable after May 31.
- If you are offered community housing as part of a financial assistance award, you will owe a $50 fee to cover processing and placement costs upon acceptance.