2014 Conference Update – June 23: Currently, our workshops are full and we are now closed for applications. We encourage you to apply again next year and look forward to reading your work. To receive the 2015 faculty announcement and notification of the start of rolling admissions, please subscribe to email updates using the form in the right-hand column of this page.
Applications to the 2014 program are now closed. The following information about the application process is applicable to 2015, and therefore we keep it available for your perusal.
We consider applications using a rolling admissions system, which means that applications are considered as they come in, and continue until all workshops are filled. So, for priority admission and a better chance at your choice of workshop, we suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Applications for financial assistance are now closed. Grant and housing awards have been announced. See the Financial Assistance page for more information.
Enrollment in each poetry and fiction workshop is limited. Acceptance is based on:
- submission of a qualifying manuscript (10-15 pages of fiction, or five poems). For more guidance on manuscript submission, view our FAQs.
- a brief statement of no longer than 500 words describing your background as a writer and your interest in the conference.
You must pay a nonrefundable $25 reading fee when submitting your application, payable online using a credit card or by sending us a check in the postal mail. Regardless of how you elect to send us your reading fee payment, you must submit your application online.
If you have been accepted to the conference twice in the past five years and are not applying for financial assistance, you do not need to submit a qualifying manuscript. When applications open, you should complete the online form, but will not need to supply a reading fee.
If you are a past participant and are applying for financial assistance, you must submit a qualifying manuscript and pay the reading fee.
The fee for the 2014 program is $900, and includes daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, wine tastings, and attendance at all conference events. The summary of fees:
- $ 25 reading fee – due with your application.
- $900 participation fee – due April 1, May 1 or June 1 depending on date of acceptance; non-refundable after May 31.
- If you are offered community housing as part of a financial assistance award, you’ll owe an additional $50 fee to cover processing and placement costs upon acceptance.