Applications to the 2014 program are now open using our new online form. The link is below. We urge you to read this page carefully and to prepare your application materials before beginning the online form, as there’s no way to save your input and return to it later.
The information on this page is available in printer-friendly PDF format should you wish to consult a copy for reference.
Applications are now under consideration using a rolling admissions system, which means that applications are considered as they come in, and continue until all workshops are filled. So, for priority admission and a better chance at your choice of workshop, we suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Starting February 26, we’ll notify you of our decision within a month of receiving your submission. Depending on the timing, if you’re admitted you’ll have until April 1, May 1 or June 1 to secure your spot by paying the tuition due.
Applications for financial assistance are now closed. Grant and housing awards will be announced by May 1, and recipients of awards must confirm their participation and pay any tuition due by May 15. See the Financial Assistance page for more information.
Enrollment in each poetry and fiction workshop is limited. Acceptance is based on:
- submission of a qualifying manuscript (10-15 pages of fiction, or five poems). For more guidance on manuscript submission, view our FAQs.
- a brief statement of no longer than 500 words describing your background as a writer and your interest in the conference.
You must pay a nonrefundable $25 reading fee when submitting your application, payable online using a credit card or by sending us a check in the postal mail. Regardless of how you elect to send us your reading fee payment, you must submit your application online.
If you have been accepted to the conference twice in the past five years and are not applying for financial assistance, you do not need to submit a qualifying manuscript. When applications open, you should complete the online form, but will not need to supply a reading fee.
If you are a past participant and are applying for financial assistance, you must submit a qualifying manuscript and pay the reading fee.
The fee for the 2014 program is $900, and includes daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, wine tastings, and attendance at all conference events. The summary of fees:
- $ 25 reading fee – due with your application.
- $900 participation fee – due April 1, May 1 or June 1 depending on date of acceptance; non-refundable after May 31.
- If you are offered community housing as part of a financial assistance award, you’ll owe an additional $50 fee to cover processing and placement costs upon acceptance.
Application link & checklist
The application link is below. As input cannot be saved for later completion, please prepare all the required materials before beginning the process, including:
- Manuscript in Word or PDF format. (For a free PDF maker, try freepdfconvert.com).
- Biographical statement of background as a writer and interest in the conference (max. 500 words).
- If applying for financial assistance, your statement of financial need (max. 500 words).
- Your credit card, if paying the $25 reading fee online.