In 2017, we will consider applications in two groups as follows:
March 31, 2017: Priority Admission and Financial Aid Deadline
Applications for regular admission received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on March 31 will be considered in a single batch.
In addition, March 31 is the deadline for all applications for financial assistance, including housing assistance. For more information, visit the financial assistance page.
Applicants who submit their forms by March 31 will be notified of admissions decisions by May 1 at the latest. Accepted applicants from this early round of admissions will have until May 20 to submit payment.
After March 31: Rolling Admissions for Remaining Workshop Spots
Applications received after March 31 will be considered as they come in, and continue until all workshops are filled. Some workshops may fill completely with applicants who submit in the priority admission period, so check the Web site for updates as to which ones are still available. For a better chance at receiving one of the remaining spots in the workshop of your choice, we suggest you apply promptly after March 31.
We’ll begin sending notifications for rolling admissions applicants May 20, and thereafter will respond within six weeks of application submission. Accepted applicants will have until June 15 to submit payment.
Enrollment in each poetry and fiction workshop is limited. Acceptance is based on:
- Submission of a qualifying manuscript (10-15 pages of fiction, or five poems). For more guidance on manuscript submission, view our FAQs.
- A brief statement of no longer than 500 words describing your background as a writer and your interest in the conference.
You must pay a nonrefundable $25 reading fee when submitting your application, payable online using a credit card or by individual arrangement. Regardless of how you elect to send us your reading fee payment, you must submit your application online.
If you have been accepted to the conference twice in the past five years and are not applying for financial assistance, you do not need to submit a qualifying manuscript. You should complete the online form, but will not need to supply a reading fee.
If you are a past participant and are applying for financial assistance, you must submit a qualifying manuscript and pay the reading fee.
The total participation fee for the 2017 program is $975, and includes daily breakfast and lunch, two dinners, wine tastings, and attendance at all conference events.
- $ 25 reading fee – Pay with your application.
- $975 participation fee – due on acceptance, non-refundable after May 31.
- If you are offered community housing as part of a financial assistance award, you will owe a $50 fee to cover processing and placement costs upon acceptance.
Application Link and Checklist
The application link is below. Please gather all the materials you’ll need before beginning the form, as there’s no way to save it and return later.
- Qualifying manuscript
- Statement of qualifications as a writer
- If applying for financial assistance, a statement of financial need
- If paying reading fee online, credit card or Paypal account information